Author Topic: First River of Appreciations  (Read 1194982 times)

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
    • Http://www.GarciaGray.com
First River of Appreciations
« on: August 07, 2007, 07:42:39 AM »
I appreciate Diligence and Steadfast Work

This is what MARISSA is all about.
Thanks for working so hard day in and out to get this Appreciations site done. Way to go, sis! Love you.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:20:03 AM by dasuperm »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
First River of Appreciations
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:04:09 AM »
I appreciate JOY

Joy is a feeling that seems to always be there no
matter what the circumstance. Even during times of
sorrow, joy stays quietly and faithfully within our
spirits until it is enabled to shine its healing balm in
our souls. Let us rejoice now. Today. This moment.
And celebrate the beauty of life and people.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:19:30 AM by dasuperm »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:09:35 AM »
I appreciate SUNRISES AND SUNSETS

Practicing tai-chi on a quiet isolated beach in an island at sunrise and sunset gently showers my soul with serenity. I appreciate the captivating  and breathtaking beauty of peace and lavender sunrises and orange, yellow, and pink sunsets. During my disaster and mission work, I focus my mind and heart on these peaceful visions of nature. They allow me to stay centered enough to give compassion and hope for others who are in despair. Nature. God's precious gift to our spirits.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:16:38 AM by meadowlea »

Dwan "Diane ABC"

• Global Moderator
River of Appreciations
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:27:32 PM »
I want to start the day with thank you, thank you....thank you for being alive. Thank you for the opportunity to co-create with such wonderful, talented and dedicated people such as Dr. Garcia-Gray, Marissa and members of the Daily Appreciation Team!  Thank you for more than 60 founding members of the Daily Appreciation Team. Thank you for the many lessons I have learned along the way!  Thank you for perfect health, joy, friendship and prosperity!

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »
I appreciate my home, my little haven, my paradise

There is nothing like coming back from work knowing that I will be driving into my home. A place abundant with plants, flowers and trees that family and friends have helped me plant. A place where there are sacred nooks and crannies in the garden. Where there is a white arch and giant white hybrid hibiscus highlighted by the soft lavender salvias.

Home is where music abounds. Where my bed feels like gentle clouds. Where my books and many family and friends photographs are everywhere. Where flowers delightfully peek from almost all the windows in the house. Where the tender rays of sunrise that radiate my window kiss my face every morning to awaken me. Where the people I love and who love me are welcome. And even those who don't. Where I hear birds chirping, see rabbits and squirrels playing, and hummingbirds drink the red nectar.  Most of all, home is where I contemplate on what I can do so that others, our homeless, can also enjoy the beauty and gentleness of having shelter.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:17:30 AM by meadowlea »

meadowlea2

Re: River of Appreciations
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 07:04:37 PM »
Wow, Diane!
Thanks for leading the way with self appreciation!! You are all of that and more! I thank you for the very same things. This is lusciously perfect; mouthwatering fingertips wanting to type. :-)

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 08:27:51 PM »
I appreciate ADVERSITIES that allow us to grow

The true mettle of our spiritual strength lies in overcoming our adversities, tragedies, and despair. In my books The Courage to Encourage and The Phoenix Miracle, I wrote about "the Phoenix miracle people" - those who rise from their ashes of despair to give hope, compassion and love to others. They do not just survive. They overcome. They rise. They soar to the heights of giving light and love to the world using their adversities as the fuel.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:18:09 AM by meadowlea »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciation
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:37:54 PM »
I appreciate the act of Compassion.

In my book " Your Compassionate Nature" I wrote that "Compassion is Love's passion." The act of feeling someone's pain  and agony is naturally healing. The compassionate person absorbs sorrow, joy, agony, love and all the mixed feelings that people may feel.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:18:43 AM by meadowlea »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciation
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 10:05:05 AM »
I appreciate LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY

Louisville - Derby City! The fireworks, hot air balloons, the Kentucky Derby, beautiful horses, beautiful, loving people. Where Muhammad Ali and Diane Sawyer grew up. Where my children were raised. Where I attended my psychiatric residency program. The Louisville Cardinals. Fourth Street Live. Bluegrass. Music. Dance. Excellent restaurants. The Spire. Where friendships and love abound.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:19:24 AM by meadowlea »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »
I love NEW YORK CITY!

New York, New York...start spreading the news...

No place like NYC! The pulse and the heart of the world.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:55:52 PM by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 04:06:40 PM »
I appreciate WATERFALLS

There is something healing and comforting about waterfalls.
The lulling sounds, the beauty of the water rushing downstream, its splendor -  all remind me of God's tender way of soothing our souls.

Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe is incredible. And seeing a double rainbow when I was there was like a miracle in itself. The falls of Costa Rica are also to behold and enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:20:25 AM by meadowlea »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
I appreciate THE PHILIPPINES

I am very proud to have been raised in the culture that started the PEOPLE POWER revolution of PEACE. I love the Filipinos' heartfelt hospitality, affectionate ways, love for laughter and fun, love for music and dance, and love for God, family and friends.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:20:57 AM by meadowlea »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »
I appreciate sweet acts of thoughtfulness especially from children.

Since I will be moving to work and jumpstart a medical pod in a different site, our staff and people I have worked with gave each other our "see you laters" though not good-byes. The children I worked with could not have been sweeter. Several drew some pictures that wrote out "I love you, Dr. Gray" and some scribbled all kinds of things with smiley faces and with sad faces.

One 7 year old girl gave me a gift - a little dolphin calendar with photos of all kinds of dolphins. She knew we both liked dolphins. I also got the biggest hugs from the kids during my last month of work at that site. I love our kids. It makes me realize more the meaning of all children are our children. I am grateful for our children everywhere in the world.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:21:36 AM by meadowlea »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciations
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »
I appreciate BOOKS

I love books!
One of the most peaceful things to do after a long day's work is to have the luxury of reading a good book. They say that  reading one book is like meeting 7,000 or more people who influenced the writer in his lifetime. I dare to say it is more than that. I am in the midst of writing my books and I am well aware that so many people have graced my life with their wisdom, compassion and love.

Through these books, I honor those who have been a part of my journey and those who made me a part of theirs. Many books written by authors like Tolstoy, Gibran, Dickinson, Emerson, Whitman, Tillich, Dostoyevsky and many more have influenced many of us in our lifetime. We hope to pass on the eternal wisdom of the ages to all those whose hearts are open to learn.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:55:24 PM by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth

• Love is all.
River of Appreciation
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 05:13:38 PM »
The act of listening

Today a friend and I discussed some global missions issues. I felt listened to and this person also felt listened to as well and we both acknowledged that.
In the process of listening, I believe we lend our hearts and souls to each other. And this allows us to best make a clear decision on what we need to do for the next chapter of our lives.

Listening to others is one of the best gifts we can give one another. Active and compassionate listening is time we give to appreciate and honor another fellow human being.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 05:22:56 AM by meadowlea »